Fleet Service Assistant for Berlin, Germany
Job opening, full-time position
Donkey Republic, the global 24/7 self-service bike rental system is looking for a cycling enthusiast to join its team in Berlin.
At Donkey Republic we are proud to be part of developing the cycling culture around the world by making riding on two wheels more popular and accessible for everyone. We are growing fast across Europe and now looking for someone to support operations in Berlin and keep the bikes in good shape.
Your work will involve keeping the Donkey bikes running in great condition, frequent visits to hubs around the city to make sure everything is in order and report and document issues. You will also be spotting good locations for bikes and relocating bikes to be in optimal locations to ensure the Riders get a good experience. Part of the job will also be to manage the bikes so they do not create problems or issues in the public space. You will be part of a small team of Donkey “Shepherds”.
This means a combination of biking around on the streets, fixing bikes, driving bikes in a van or trailer, preparing new bikes to get on the road and desk-work monitoring the system through our administration interface.
We expect you to :
- Be able to do general repairs and maintenance of bicycles
- Be structured and organised
- Be a team player
- Be good at understanding and getting to know new IT solutions
- Have a good knowledge of the streets of Berlin
- Have a driver’s license
- Be value driven
- Be able to work in English. German knowledge is a plus.
We would also like you to :
- Want to change the world with bikes.
- Have experience working with small businesses or startups before
- Be a bike enthusiast
What we can offer you :
- To be part of an ambitious investor-backed startup
- Making the world a better place through bikes
- Freedom to plan and organise your own day
Donkey Republic is a bike share service set out to revolutionise the way we transport ourselves. Our electronic lock is operated through the users smartphones which provide us the flexibility required to change the way bike sharing works. We work all over the world to spread the reach of Donkey Bikes.
The job starts as soon as possible and applications are acted upon immediately.
Please contact Boris ([email protected]) with your application (motivation letter & CV) or your questions.