Fleet Service Assistant for Budapest
Full time position
Are you a true cycling fan? And can you also fix these babies?
At Donkey Republic, the global bike-share system we are proud to be part of developing the cycling culture around the world by making riding on two wheels more popular and accessible for everyone. We are growing fast across Europe and now we are looking for a bike-lover to join our team in Budapest.
Your work will involve keeping the Donkey bikes running in great condition, frequent visits to hubs around the city to make sure everything is in order, report and document issues. You will also be spotting good locations for bikes and relocating bikes to be in optimal locations to ensure our Riders get a good experience. Part of the job will also be to manage the bikes so they do not create problems or issues in the public space, so we can be both for Riders, the City and those locals that do not ride Donkeys (yet). You will be part of a small team of Donkey “Shepherds”.
Your tasks will include a combination of biking around on the streets, fixing bikes, driving bikes on a trailer, preparing new bikes to get on the road and desk-work monitoring the system through our smart digital interface.
We expect you to :
- Be able to do general repairs and maintenance of bicycles
- Be structured and organised
- Be a team player
- Be good at understanding and getting to know new digital platforms and solutions
- Have a good knowledge of the streets of Budapest
- Have a driver’s license
- Be value driven – our mission is to put everyone on bikes and remove cars from the city central
- Be able to work in English
- Hungarian knowledge is also very valuable as we collaborate with many local organisations, including the Hungarian Cycling Club, BKK and the City of Budapest
We would also like you to :
- Want to change the world with bikes
- Have experience working with small businesses or startups
- Be a bike enthusiast
What we can offer:
- To be part of an ambitious investor-backed startup and a company full of cyclists and bike-lovers
- Making the world a better place with bikes, involve you in our mission in real depth if you are up for it
- Freedom to plan and organise your own day
Donkey Republic is a bike-share service set out to revolutionise the way we get around in busy cities. Our electronic lock works through our Donkey Republic smartphone app, which provides us the flexibility that is required to change the way bike-sharing works.
Come spread the word of cycling with us!
The job starts as soon as possible and applications are acted upon immediately.
Please contact Boris ([email protected]) with your application (a few sentences about you & CV) and any questions you have.