Donkey Republic is on a mission to make the bike the hero of urban mobility around the world. We are building a global bike-share platform – one app to access a bike in many locations in many cities around the world. We’re looking for passionate people to use their mind and heart to help us acheive the Donkey Republic mission.
We are a group of fierce cycling enthusiasts who work hard, challenge each other and learn fast to come up with innovative ways to solve urban mobility challenges. Join the Donkey Squad.
Experienced Android Developer
Full time position
We are looking for a skilled Android developer to join our Product Team of one iOS lead, one Android lead, a backend developer, a head of design and a CTO. We work closely together in the group to ship features fast, but each developer has a high degree of freedom in bringing their own solutions to the table. You and the lead Android developer are solely responsible for bringing the Android app to the market and ensuring a high quality through code reviews, good testing and close monitoring.
You will implement features and bug fixes, perform A/B tests and work with other departments too in making their wishes come true within the app.
We expect you to have at least a few years of experience and the following
- developing apps integrated with a backend through a RESTful API.
- basic concepts like Activities, Fragments, MVP/MVVM, various design patterns and how to test apps.
- experience with Kotlin
- experience with source control, preferably Git
- to do a simple animation or two.
- a good approach to programming where good solid best practice patterns are applied, while having a pragmatic approach to development and getting things shipped.
Skilled RoR Backend developer
You will team up with our skilled product team which today comprises 4 developers, a designer and a CTO. We are currently growing the team with a few heads, so it is a good opportunity to be part of lifting the product to the next level.
These days we are working on a lot of interesting stuff. We just released new pricing and membership packages in our apps, we are currently bringing new types of vehicles, like eScooters and eBikes, to the market and we are working on some advanced solutions for optimising our operations even more.
We expect you to have years of experience with building services using the Ruby on Rails framework.
Here’s some of the technologies we work with:
- Heroku – We are hosted on Heroku
Business Developer for the Netherlands (Copenhagen)
Full time position
We are making a great dent in the universe by growing Europeans’ bike-print. We demonstrate how bike shares can play a major role in urban mobility. Furthermore we are innovating and adding more vehicle types to our platform such as e-bikes, e-scooters etc. We are bringing Copenhagen to the world city by city – a great purpose to come to work every day.
You will be joining a small business team and working closely with our Chief Sales Officer in the Copenhagen HQ to build our partner and affiliate portfolio. Together with the team you will be in charge of ensuring we hit our growth targets in terms of new affiliates, customers and revenue generated through affiliate partnerships. You will also be in charge of securing our voice is listened to in regulatory debates across your focus markets.
The job will entail traveling to various cities in Europe such as Utrecht and Rotterdam.
Fluent in English (written and spoken), fluent in Dutch (native level written and spoken), and a minimum of 2 years working experience within Sales, Business Development, Public Affairs or similar is required for this position.
Sourcing, Supply Chain and Logistics Manager (Copenhagen)
Full time position
It will be your responsibility to ensure the company has strong processes in place to handle orders, shipments and after-sales.
We expect you have +3 years of experience with sourcing, negotiation and handling supply chains related tasks, that you work in a structured way, pay attention to detail and don’t mind when things go fast. You may also have been involved in ISO certification programs, but this is not a requirement.
You’ll be part of a company with a young and dynamic team, with an office centrally located in Copenhagen. The company is expanding and provides challenging tasks that will allow you to develop and refine your skills.
- Title: Supply Chain Manager
- Type: Full-time position
- Start: As soon as possible
- Travel days: 100 days/year
Business Developer for the UK & Scandinavia (Copenhagen)
Full time position
You will be joining a small business team and working closely with our Chief Sales Officer in the Copenhagen HQ to build our partner and affiliate portfolio. Your main tasks will be identifying and contacting prospects suited to be affiliate partners to get more local riders on our bikes (typically banks, mobility services, residences etc.) as well as making partnerships for the tourism sector (typically hotels, tours, visitor centers, airlines etc.).
You will also be working to promote Donkey Republic in the European agenda, this is through impacting regulatory work and public affairs. Finally we also also have a number of inbound leads which you will be engaging with to become ready to start a Donkey Republic operation.
Marketing Growth Hacker (Copenhagen)
As a Marketing Growth Hacker at Donkey Republic you will specialize in developing new marketing growth programs and testing and executing these programs. When we say Growth Hacking, you can get an idea of what we mean, here. You will create, test, optimize and execute new ways to enhance the customer experience through our platforms and app. You will utilize digital marketing strategies, such as PPC and SEO to maintain and increase our Donkey Rider database.
About the tasks:
- Create hypothesis and ideas for growing our Donkey Rider database, plan, test and execute them.
- Bringing traditional and creative ideas on how to grow our KPIs.
- Analyzing the data from your tests and improve tests and content continuously.
- Driving traffic to our app and platforms .
- Working with conversion rate optimization principles and hacks to grow our business KPIs.
- Working with the Awareness, Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral and Revenue sales metrics diagram (AAARRR)
- Prioritizing, identify, optimize and work with most efficient growth channels.
- Create a knowledge database for your findings ensuring them being communicated internally at Donkey Republic.
- Working closely with the team to improve the overall Donkey Republic digital presence.
International PR Manager (Copenhagen)
The International PR Manager will oversee all PR activities supported locally from the HQ teams in Copenhagen and work closely with the Marketing Team on our overall PR & events. The International PR Manager’s task is to strengthen and grow the Donkey Republic presence in target media, press, at events and at fares across all of our target markets. The role requires you to be able to have multiple projects at hand during the work week and the desire to work locally and globally on a monthly basis. We have multiple events throughout the year, both internal and external, so you must be able to work efficiently by thinking long term.
About the tasks:
- Maintain, nurture and establish relations with relevant media’s, stakeholders and journalists across markets.
- Cleary communicate our overall goals and the Donkey Story across all platforms.
- Produce and publish press releases and content supporting our PR targets in relevant markets/cities.
- Daily proactive and reactive dialogue with different media, influencers, stakeholders and other relevant partners.
- Project manage and lead PR & Marketing events and projects in our target markets/cities.
- Continuous update media and press list database.
- Establish and update PR material ensuring its availability to the public through our relevant channels.
Project Manager for a new vehicle type (Copenhagen)
Temporary position, 3 months
As the Project Manager, you will act as the central communication point between all stakeholders in the project. You will be at the front line of the project meeting people, educating them in the future of mobility and managing the project from A-Z. You will be working in the front, but also in the back of the project managing and setting up a microsite and conducting surveys.
- Meet people, educate them on how to drive a new type of (3-wheel) vehicle which is licensed for bike roads
- Send out surveys and reminders
- Coordinate receiving, branding and maintenance of two small 3-wheeled vehicles
- Make a simple website using Instapage or similar to handle reservations
- Communicate with stakeholders and coordinate location for the vehicle rental
- In general, be self-sufficient in a relatively free environment.
Fleet assistant in Utrecht
We are coming to Utrecht this spring and therefore looking for cycling enthusiasts to join our team. Being a Donkey Shepherd involves understanding and adapting to our data driven approach to hands on work with bikes, maintaining our hubs and availability.
Fleet assistant in Copenhagen
You will be part of a small team of Donkey “Shepherds”.
This means a combination of biking around on the streets, fixing bikes, driving bikes in a van or trailer, preparing new bikes to get on the road and desk-work monitoring the system through our administration interface.
Fleet assistant in Berlin
At Donkey Republic we are proud to be part of developing the cycling culture around the world by making riding on two wheels more popular and accessible for everyone. We are growing fast across Europe and now looking for someone to support operations in Berlin and keep the bikes in good shape.
Fleet assistant in Vienna
Your work will involve keeping the Donkey Bikes running in great condition, frequent visits to hubs around the city to make sure everything is in order and report and document issues. You will also be spotting good locations for bikes and relocating bikes to be in optimal locations to ensure the riders get a good experience. Part of the job will also be to manage the bikes so they do not create problems or issues in the public space. You will be part of a small team of Donkey “Shepherds” in Vienna and will have guidance and support from our Copenhagen HQ, in the form of calls, video calls and visits.
You think you’ve got the Donkey power in you? Write to jobs [at] donkeyrepublic.com and show us what we’re missing out on.